Fall harvest is here and we've pulled together ten of our favorite Pumpkin and Carrot recipes from our WholeApproach Support Forum members. There are many more wonderful Holiday recipes on the WholeApproach Support Forum. Enjoy!Read More
Whole Approach Blog
Tarilee's Top Ten Snacks - Gluten-free, Dairy-free, Sugar-free, Yeast-freeRead More
Finding your way back to the Healthy Pathby TL Cornish, CNP
Sometimes our usual or therapeutic food choices can be disrupted due to travel, family and social gatherings. We can also stray from the healthy path under periods of stress due to emotional habits.
Have you recently eaten more sugar, caffeine, grains or other things not on your make-me-feel-best food list? Do you want to feel well again?
First of all, please 'speak' gently with your inner voice. Kind acceptance of whatever choices you made will help you direct positive energy towards steering back to a better state.
Here are some of my suggestions for shortcuts that can help you find your way back to the healthy path.Read More
Food Combining for Health - Some Easy Tips
by T. Cornish, CNP
Food combining is a diet strategy designed to lighten the load on the digestive system by combining specific foods that utilize complimentary digestive efforts in order to break them down. People with candida overgrowth often experience a reduction in digestive efficiency. This strategy can be helpful, especially during recovery from candida issues.
If you're like many health-conscious people, you pay a lot of attention to what you eat. But even the highest quality foods won't necessarily help you build health if you don't digest them well. Following are some tips for optimizing your digestive process and preventing digestive problems from arising in the first place. You may not need to employ all of these strategies-look at your own eating habits and decide which ones will help you most. Then you'll have the right tools to keep your digestion running at its best; so you can absorb more nutrients and prevent indigestion. You'll also find a special list of remedies for indigestion. If a particular food or eating experience upsets the applecart the more familiar you are with your options, the better chance you'll have of limiting discomfort and finding relief when you need it.
by T L Cornish, Certified Nutritional Consultant
Tarilee's Top 10 Vegetarian Food Recommendations for Breakfast
We often hear from our clients that they need help redesigning their approach to the first meal of the day so that they can incorporate the healing food recommendations outlined in the Whole Approach Candida Diet pages. I've put together a list of favorite candida foods for breakfast or anytime to inspire and encourage you! There are many more amazing candida cleanse recipes in the Breakfast Foods Recipe Section of the Whole Approach forum. including some 'meatier' choices. Once you’ve explored this list, be sure to check out all the rest! We'll post some grain-free breakfast ideas soon! (All suggestions below use foods from the WholeApproach Candida Diet Food List.)Read More
by TL Cornish, CNP
Making the necessary dietary changes presents a challenge that requires practice and patience. Most people find that after an initial adjustment period, they feel so good that the efforts expended seem more than worthwhile. You'll discover that the comfort and pleasure you derive from living in a healthier body can be tremendously satisfying.Eventually, your inner wisdom will guide you to choose only the foods that nourish you and starve the candida. You'll probably misunderstand this instinct a few times at the outset. You may even choose to ignore it a time or two. This is all part of the learning process.
The following helpful hints will serve to keep you on track during your transition.
- Remember, you are making dietary choices to nourish you. The diet is designed to deprive the yeast - not you. Counter any feelings of deprivation by exploring exciting new foods and recipes that are delicious and nourishing to the body and the soul.
- Focus on what you can have, instead of what you can't and remember the benefits of your choices.
- Empty your cupboards of those items that are inappropriate for your program, so you won't be tempted.
- Plan ahead; utilize rotation-diet and recipe books that help you to organize your groceries and meal plans. Also, visit our Support Forum pages at http://forum.wholeapproach.com/ for help with diet questions and recipes.
- Ask your loved ones to participate in the diet with you or, at a minimum, to respect your choices.
Once you have felt even a day or two of the reassuring comfort that comes with improving your health, it will be even easier for you to find the inspiration you need to optimize your nutritional self-care.
Whole, Natural, Healing-Food Diet
The Whole Approach Candida Diet is a healing, low-glycemic diet planned around hypo-allergenic foods that do not promote yeast growth. The Whole Approach Diet emphasizes highly-nutritious and easily digestible foods. The preferred foods help to clear mucous and reduce inflammation, while minimizing or avoiding foods that don’t support candida cleansing.
By TL Cornish, CNPDo your seasonal allergies feel worse than ever since you've been struggling with candida?
Do you find you've got food allergies that worsen in the spring, summer and/or fall?
Does it seem like your hay fever "gets worse" when you eat certain foods?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you may be struggling with cross-over allergic or intolerance reactions between fungus/yeast issues, food allergies and seasonal pollens. The connections between these challenges can represent some perplexing allergy relationships. An understanding of how these problems impact each other can empower us to find relief.
There are a number of food and lifestyle adjustments that we can make in order to strengthen the "terrain" of our bodies and thus raise our allergic threshold, (the level of exposure to an allergen required to cause an uncomfortable reaction.). To complement our efforts at strengthening our body terrain, we can utilize specific anti allergy supports. With an understanding of allergies and candida, a gentle candida reduction program combined with a careful process of self observation, food therapy, anti allergy supplements and homeopathy we can gain control over these symptoms and enjoy health indoors and out, even during allergy season.
As most of us know, what we eat can impact our recovery from the candida overgrowth. What is less understood is that some food choices can specifically trigger increased sensitivity to related airborne pollen allergens. There are foods that are actually related to some of the problem pollen plants. There are foods and beverages that create vulnerability to allergies in other ways. Demystifying how to best feed and care for ourselves during allergy season can prevent or minimize the intervention strategies required to cope with allergy symptoms.
Five Step Plan to Enjoy the Spring, Summer and Fall - Allergy Free.
- Candida Reduction ~ to reduce immune stress and inflammatory mycotoxin accumulation caused by the yeast; to clear the colon for better breathing; and to improve intestinal integrity for greater immune strength and digestive power.
- Attention to Food Therapy ~ to emphasize healthy, alkalizing and nutrient rich foods while minimizing foods and drinks (and medication) that amplify allergic propensity or sensitivity to specific pollens via cross-over reactions.
- Detoxify for immune optimization ~ to reduce the overall toxic load and resulting immune suppression to enable a healthful reaction to allergens.
- Use Supplements to strengthen tolerance specific to allergic response~ use herbs that bolster the immune system as well as nutrient supplements that counteract the histamine response and support immune resilience.
- Desensitize with homeopathy ~ to gently trigger the immune and respiratory systems to defend against allergenic irritants.
- Hydrate ~ to supply adequate hydration levels for the mobilization of oxygen carrying red blood cells and to optimize energy production and immune function.